"These boots were made for walking..." Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Things to Do Tip by gilabrand

Israel Things to Do: 773 reviews and 1,265 photos

Clock Tower - Meeting place for Jaffa tour
by gilabrand

Tel Aviv, as I noted in my introduction, has never been a great favorite of mine. But one of my boys has moved there, becoming a "nouveau Tel Avivian," and I realize I cannot go on ignoring this place. So I have set myself the goal of joining one of the free English-language walking tours of the city, if only to check it out for VTers. The trouble is that I need to hop on a bus early in the morning and actually get there. Meanwhile, here is the information. According to the woman from the tourist office, there is no need to register. The guides start out at the appointed place and time even if just one person shows up.

1) Tel Aviv University: Architecture and Art - Mondays at 11 a.m. Meet at the Dyonon bookstore at the entrance to Tel Aviv University campus.

2) Old Jaffa - Wednesdays at 9 a.m. Flea market, archaeological sites and restored alleys of Old Jaffa. Meet at the Clock Tower.

3) White City of Tel Aviv - Saturdays at 11 a.m. Meet at 46 Rothschild Blvd., corner of Shadal street (on the steps of the bank).

4) Tel Aviv by night - Tuesdays at 8 p.m. Meet at corner of Rothschild Blvd. and Herzl Street.

UPDATE: I went on the Bauhaus/White City tour on Saturday morning, and I found it very interesting. I had some theoretical knowledge stored away in my brain from before, but the tour brought it to life.

Directions: Tours organized by Association for Tourism, Tel-Aviv Yafo
Phone: 03-5166188

• Updated Oct 25, 2010

Comments

gilabrand

“You were born an original; don't die a copy.”

Have you been to Israel?