"Bed and Breakfast - basic but decent" Carpe Diem Tip by vichatherly

Carpe Diem, Rome: 26 reviews and 1 photos

A view from the balcony
by vichatherly

I stayed hear for two nights in May 2009, sharing a double bed with a mate. I booked via Expedia with a cost was 85 Euros for the room per night, paid in cash on arrival.

It is a very basic B&B, which suited us as we weren't going to spending a great deal of time in the place and just needed a bed and a shower. It is basically a set of flats and is hidden behind one of the big wooden doors.

We arrived and found no-one at home at first, but were then given a phone number to call and then everything was sorted out very quickly. Our room was on the sixth floor.

Breakfast consisted of going down the road to a local cafe for a cake and a cappuccino.

They give you the key to the place which makes it it easy to come and go at whatever time takes your fancy.

I would recommend this place if you?re just looking for a cheap room, but if you're looking for a bit of luxury then maybe look more a bit more upmarket.

Unique Qualities: It must have one of the slowest lifts, which means it takes a long time to get up to the sixth floor.

Address: Via Rattazzi 2/F interno 3, Rome, 00185, Italy
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Not too far from the Stazione Termini. Also very close to metro Vittorio Emanuele.
Phone: +39 349.6030343-4
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.carpediembedandbreakfast.it/index_eng.htm

• Written Jun 2, 2009

Comments

vichatherly

“Soaking up as much culture and beer as I can :)”

Have you been to Rome?