"Tel Aviv, Ben Gurion Airport destroys Passports?" Tel Aviv-Yafo Tourist Trap Tip by Ruben1987

Tel Aviv-Yafo Tourist Traps: 6 reviews and 3 photos

Hi there,

I want to warn fellow tourists for the Customs on the International Airport Ben Gurion. Of course its normal that the Security on the Airport searchs through your luggage and that they ask you all kind of questions, even weird questions. No problem in my opinion. Its all done for safety.

The problem I experienced yesterday (may 30, 2009) was that someone from the Airport Security (or Customs) asked me to sit down after I was being X-rayed, while he took my boarding pass and passport away from me. Once in the air I discovered that he had "stolen" or "removed" page 1 and 2 from my Passport, making it INVALID. Page 1 and 2 from my Passport contained stamps from both Dubai (Airport) and Abu Dhabi (Airport). I have been on those Airports last year (2008) when I was on my way to the Philippines.

I was lucky enough to fly back to my own country. But I have to purchase a new Passport, because my current Passport is now invalid. I had no knowledge that the Customs or Security at the Airport were taking out those pages.

They actually destroyed my Passport without informing me (I am a European jew).

Unique Suggestions: If you have stamps in your Passport from Arabian Countries such as the Emirates, and you have to go to Israel, its best to buy a new Passport in advance. It will spare you a lot of troubles with the customs on Ben Gurion Airport.

Fun Alternatives: Another solution might be to ask for a second Passport in your own country. In my country that is a possibility.

• Written May 31, 2009