"Haunted Dublin Walking Tour" Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Tourist Trap Tip by Jefie

Dublin Tourist Traps: 93 reviews and 61 photos

Is the ghost of Archbishop Marsh still around?!
by Jefie

Is the ghost of Archbishop Marsh still around?!
      One of the haunted buildings on St Stephen's Green
    by Jefie
      Even the Shelbourne has some strange guests!
    by Jefie

I'm a huge fan of haunted walks and I've gone on several of them, mostly in Canada and in the US. As I was planning my trip to Dublin I came across some information about the haunted walk offered by Hidden Dublin Walking Tour (http://www.hiddendublinwalks.com; 9 Euros), and one evening we decided to give it a try. I have to admit that of all the haunted walks I've been on, this was by far the most disappointing. Our guide was nice and friendly, and I could see that she was trying hard, but her stories were simply not sufficiently researched. A huge part of the appeal of haunted walks for me is to learn quirky historical facts that you wouldn't be able to find out otherwise, but on this tour I didn't learn anything new about Dublin. Since the stories were so short, it left A LOT of time for walking, and walking we did! We pretty much covered the entire downtown area in less than 2h - those in the group who did not have good walking shoes on did not seem to be enjoying themselves... So all this to say that I would not recommend going on this tour.

Unique Suggestions: Well, since we literally walked all over the downtown area, it does help you figure out where all the major attractions are located... and it's a heck of a workout!

Fun Alternatives: The 1916 Rebellion Walking Tour is supposed to be much more interesting, so do that one instead (http://www.1916rising.com)!

• Updated May 29, 2009

Comments

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Have you been to Dublin?