"Dont do Internet banking in Sagada" Sagada Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Aussiepinoy

Sagada Warnings and Dangers: 28 reviews and 25 photos

I was in Sagada in 2007 when I realized that my Credit card payment was due on that date. I went to this small souvenir shop/store with Internet cafe and do Internet banking, all went well, A week later and I was back in Australia, then another week later while checking my bank account in the internet, I discovered this transfer made from my account to a bank account in the Phils specifically Bontoc (PNB) about P52,000 (in peso equivalent), I alerted my bank and blocked all internet transactions. Fortunately, I found the transfer just a day after it was made and the bank was able to hold it, before it clear to the Phil Bank. The account was traced to Mrs Safe Pekas. A year after, I was back to Sagada, made police report to Sagada Police, also went to Bontoc, It tuned out the husband of Mrs Pekas (a computer programmer/tech) did all the scam, using wife ATM check acct balance several days after he made the transfer. Back n Baguio made report to the NBI. Mrs Safe Pekas was very cooperative all the time, having no knowledge of her husbands illegal activities. Still, this incident wont prevent me going to Sagada, its a very beautiful place and, genuinely nice people (except one).

• Written May 26, 2009