"Beaches of Kerala- A Quick Glance" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Kerala Things to Do Tip by ushar
State of Kerala Things to Do: 213 reviews and 366 photos
Kerala is known throughout the world as one of the world's best beach destinations. The beaches of Kerala are beautiful stretches of clean sand, fringed by swaying palm trees on one side and rippling waves on the other.
Relax on the golden sands of the beaches of Kerala, stretch out in the shade of the rows of palm trees along the beaches, drink the refreshing juice of a tender coconut and have an ayurvedic masseur.
1. Kovalam Beach: Consisting of three crescent shaped beaches, called Lighthouse, Hawah and Samudra Beaches, Kovalam is one of the best beaches in Kerala with golden sand, waving palm trees and rolling waves. Have fun at Kovalam on Kerala beach tours with Kerala Backwater.
Kovalam, is one of the most beautiful and famous beaches of Kerala.
2. Varkala Beach: Located 54 km from Thiruvananthapuram, Varkala Beach is a calm sandy beach with a background of rocky cliffs. Known as the Papanasam beach, this beautiful locale is situated near a 2000-year-old temple and a popular Ayurvedic treatment center.
Varkala Beach is a quiet and isolated sandy expanse where you can have a relaxing beach holiday without the crowds and bustle of some of the busier beaches in Kerala.
3.Kappad Beach: Located 16 Km from Kozhikode town, Kappad Beach is known throughout Kerala as the site where Vasco do Gama, the Portuguese explorer, landed in 1498, beginning a new era in the history of Kerala.
4.Marari Beach: Named after Mararikulam, a nearby fishing village, Marari beach is located between Cochin and Alappuzha. The beaches here are breathtakingly beautiful with long stretches of pristine beaches fringed with graceful palm trees. You can see fisher folk from the fishing village practice their traditional occupation while on Marari Beach in Kerala
5.Bekal Beach is located at a distance of 14 Km from Kasargod in Kerala, India. The Bekal Beach area is being promoted as a tourist destination and the beautiful sandy beach backed by swaying palm trees is truly worth seeing. The serene atmosphere, the sandy stretches of unspoilt beaches and the mesmeric rhythm of the waves as they roll up to the Bekal Beach make it an idyllic beach destination in Kerala. The nearest airport to Bekal Beach is Mangalore in Karnataka, India, which is 50 Km away. Kasargod is connected by rail and road to the rest of Kerala
6.Sankhumugham Beach : Sankhumugham Beach is very near to Trivandrum Internationational Airport and 8 kms away from the Trivandrum city. Sunset watching is interesting to viewers. An indoor recreation club, the matsya kanyaka ( sculpture made by famous Kanayi Kunjuraman) and restaurant shaped like a star fish are some of the attractions.
More Things to Do in State of Kerala (15)
More Reviews (25)
- See All Do the bird watching at Kumarakom
- See All Dont miss a Kerala Sadya
- See All Wear Saree
- Beach Resort of Thiruvallom
ushar's Related Pages
Have you been to State of Kerala?Share Your Travels