Die Schirmbar: "Schirmbar, cute name, good food" Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Kreuznach Restaurant Tip by Trekki

Bad Kreuznach Restaurants: 2 reviews and 10 photos

Schirmbar, delicious Orangina

Schirmbar, delicious Orangina
      Schirmbar, delicious salad
      Schirmbar, delicious Flammkuchen
    by Trekki
      Schirmbar, directly at the water
    by Trekki
      Schirmbar, below the bridge houses
    by Trekki

My Mexican colleague and I were very hungry after our little tour through Rheinhessische Schweiz (see off path section) and Bad Kreuznach, and were happy to find this open air restaurant with its prime view to the bridge houses. And when our meals came, we were even more happy, because it was much and also tasted good. Alfredo wanted beer and we found that they even have the famous black beer Köstritzer (haha, Richie, I thought of you of course…). I loved the fact that they had the famous Orangina not only as lemon but also the red version with blood orange (main photo), a perfect healthy alternative to the unhealthy coca cola.
We enjoyed our meals very much, Alfredo had a salad with turkey (photo 2, for 6,50 €) and I choose a Flammkuchen (photo 3, 6,50 €). Somehow I always end up with this when I am travelling with my foreign colleagues just to show them what this is and how it tastes.

Comparison: about average
Directions: At the bottom of the bridge houses, near the church.
Phone: ++49 - 671 - 921245
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated May 23, 2009

Comments

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Have you been to Bad Kreuznach?