Grand Caffe Ristorante Bar & Pizzeria: "Close to the Colosseum" Gran Caffe Cavour Tip by joiwatani

Gran Caffe Cavour, Rome: 10 reviews and 9 photos

The restaurant is just at the opposite of the main entrance of the colosseum ( I can't say at back of the colosseum because it is circular, dah!). If you are coming from the main entrance of the colosseum, you loop to the left to get into the road and right again going up overlooking somewhat of the colosseum.

The restaurant is close to a bus stop, too. This is the closest restaurant that you can really spot at the colosseum. If you head to the colosseum and get hungry touring around later on, just drop by at this restaurant at lunchtime. They don't open early though.

Favorite Dish: I actually didn't go inside the restaurant because I was at the colosseum very early in the morning when the sun was just rising! So, the restaurant was still close.

I love going around the colosseum very early because I can have the colosseum by myself. At that time, I saw only early joggers and some residents who are up and about catching the bus going to their work.

Address: The side of the Colosseum
Comparison: N/A
Price: N/A
Rating: 0
Theme: Local

• Written May 18, 2009

Comments

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Have you been to Rome?