"Luna Grill and Diner - DuPont Circle" Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Washington D.C. Restaurants: 625 reviews and 780 photos

We were heading to a party in DuPont Circle and needed a quick bite to eat before our arrival. Luckily we stumbled upon Luna Grill. From the outside the place looks rather cheap and dumpy, which drew me in! Once inside, it is really much nicer than you'd expect. It has a trendy-casual look with bright colors, beautiful pictures on the walls, and old black and white tile floors.

We were quickly seated near the bar in a booth decorated with scenes from Vietnam. Laura started with a sangria, and I had a Magic Hat #9. For our meals, Laura tried the Rachel sandwich and I had the pan fried catfish. The Rachel is a grilled sandwich with smoked turkey and Swiss on wheat, topped with sauerkraut and thousand island dressing and served with regular fries ($8). the catfish was fried nicely and served with sweet potato fries and jalapeno hush puppies. I will say the regular fries were much better than the sweet potatoes.

The meal was tasty and quick, but not a place I'd go out of the way to find. The food arrived quickly, but the service was a little slow at times, such as when I needed another beer and had to wait about 10 minutes, despite our seats right near the bar.

Address: 1301 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC
Rating: 3
Theme: American
Website: http://www.lunagrillanddiner.com

• Updated May 16, 2009

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Washington D.C.?