Roka: "great Japanese" Roka Tip by PALLINA

Roka, London: 1 reviews and 3 photos

Dessets or pure art?
      Dessets or pure art?
    by PALLINA
      You can eat beside the kitchen!
    by PALLINA
  • great Japanese - London

My husband discovered Roka in 2006 and since then, reapeted me he wants me to go there as well. So I have really great expectatations and I have to admit nothing disappointed me. Firstly, my husband booked from home and in the morning of the day we were supposed to go there in the evening, they called us to confirm our reservation. We choosed the slot of 10 pm and was ok; it was crowded in the beginning but not so noisy. We choosed to eat on the counted besides the kitchen so we could see all japanese chef working. My husband noticed a lot of foreigner waiters as well, while everybody was Japanese in 2006. Anyway, this is my greates Japanese Food experience. We had a complete menu (there are 3 different; we choosed the cheapest but nevertheless rich and georgeos) and I was shocked by the freshness of the fish, by the good combination of flavours and the wide range of courses. Service was very kind and the ambience is outstandingly chic. But no dress code required, you will see there either woman in running shoes or with 12cm-high-heels.

Favorite Dish: Sashimi course

Address: 37 Charlotte Street, London W1t 1RR
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: In Soho, Uderground Goodge St or tottenham Court Rd
Phone: 020 75806464
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Japanese/Sushi

• Updated May 24, 2009

“we don't take trips, trips take us...”

Have you been to London?