The Winding Stair Restaurant: "Among the Best in Dublin" The Winding Stair Tip by Jase1177

The Winding Stair, Dublin: 3 reviews and 0 photos

I had read that the Winding Stair Restaurant (above the bookstore) has been rated one of the best restaurants in Dublin, and it did not disappoint me. The atmosphere was pretty casual, but the clientele was obviously mixed with local business types and tourists in the know. The setting reminding me of bright, airy farm kitchen touched with a touch of urban class. It has small tables to accommodate various group sizes. The servers were all very pleasant and knowledgeable of the menu. The service was excellent.

Favorite Dish: The a la carte menu offers some wonderful choices, but the 2- or 3-course prix fixe were equally great and offered a good deal. There are chalkboards on the wall with a wine list, and the changing prix fixe menu. I chose a wonderful blended Spanish red wine (Granache, Syrah, & Temp) to accompany my 2-course of fried brie with tomato chutney (fantastic), and my spinach, tomato, pepper, & goat cheese pie, with chips. I topped off these wonderful choices with the bread & butter pudding w/ whiskey sauce from the regular dessert menu. It was amazing as well. I loved this meal, and was happy to spend a few more dollars for it all.

I spent 38EUR for my three courses and two glasses of wine.

I highly recommend going to this restaurant.

Address: Ormand Quay Lower
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On the north side of the Liffey, right by the Millenium Bridge. The entrance door is right beside the Winding Stair Bookshop door.
Phone: +353 (0)1 872 7320
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated May 12, 2009

“Do you want stamps in your passport or impressions on your mind?”

Have you been to Dublin?