"You May Meet a Swimsuit Model" Mirage Tip by riorich55

• Smile - Las Vegas
      Don't Be Shy
  • Cheese - Las Vegas
    by riorich55

Walking down the strip in Las Vegas you never know who you might run into. Walking through the Mirage on our first day in town I happened to notice a sign which said there was an autograph signing featuring the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Model from 2008, Marisa Miller between 4:00 and 5:00 and that you could do a meet and greet and get an autograph if you bought something. I looked at my watch (4:55) and saw a line just outside one of the doors and lo and behold there was Marisa signing the last few autographs.

Since I try to make a habit out of taking my camera and camcorder (which conveniently fit inside a great little camera bag I have) I pretended I was on a model photo shoot and started snapping away just as she was finishing her autograph session and leaving. A professional was snapping a few pictures inside the area where she was and fortunately for me at 6' 0" I was able to get my camera above the crowd and get a half a dozen pictures (the 3 best here). My only regret is that I didn't have time to get the camcorder out to do a little runway walk video photography.

Address: 3400 S. Las Vegas Blvd
Directions: Next door to Treasure Island, on the strip!
Phone: (702) 791-7111
Website: http://www.themirage.com

• Written May 9, 2009

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Nice photos Rich! Lucky--not silly--you.

• riorich55's Profile Photo
      Oct 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM

It was an interesting trip. We were there for a daughter of our friends wedding 3 years ago.

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Las Vegas?