Prezzo: "Stylish Italian chain" Top 5 Page for this destination Prezzo Tip by toonsarah

Prezzo, London: 5 reviews and 9 photos

Chris's pizza
      Chris's pizza
      Charing Cross Road branch

Update April 2014: additional content and extra photo added

This Italian chain has branches all over southern England, including ten in London, and a few further north as well, but until recently Chris and I had never eaten here. However we ate at the Haymarket branch some time ago and were impressed enough to resolve to return again some time soon. The stylish décor and ultra-friendly service set the tone for a very pleasant experience, and the food was definitely above the average for a chain.

Favorite Dish: We decided against a starter but tucked into some delicious marinated olives while sipping our drinks and waiting for our main courses to be delivered. I had wanted to try the risotto valtellina, with speck ham, field mushrooms, gorgonzola, leeks and spinach, but unfortunately this was off the menu, so I settled instead for a simple penne arrabbiata, which was excellent. Meanwhile Chris enjoyed his pizza quattro formaggi as well, and we shared a side salad. With a couple of glasses of red for me, and a couple of beers for him this made for a very enjoyable post-cinema meal.

But I must go back soon to try that risotto!

Update Well I went back, and I confess was a little disappointed. We still had a good time, and the olives were just as delicious, as was the focaccia we ordered to accompany them. But the risotto valtellina failed to live up to expectations - it smelt delicious and the rice was nicely cooked, but the gorgonzola failed to pack its usual punch (I suspect they'd used very little indeed, as the one on Chris's pizza was strong and tasty) and they'd added asparagus spears to the ingredients, which would be fine except I don't like them! Worst of all, it was not very hot when served and cooled quickly, so I ended up eating it in a hurry. I would still go back here, but will probably choose from the pasta menu in future.

Update 2 Last summer I ate in the branch at the southern end of Charing Cross Road, with Ingrid (Trekki) and we were both impressed with the food. So Prezzo is back on my favourites' list!

Address: 8 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4BP
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: The nearest tube station is Piccadilly Circus (Piccadilly and Bakerloo lines)
Phone: %s3 %cb 020 7839 1129
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 3
Theme: Italian

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Apr 22, 2014

toonsarah Lives Here!

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust (Joni Mitchell, "Amelia")”

Have you been to London?