"Accommodation Isla Gorgona" Isla Gorgona Hotel Tip by MalenaN

The porch
      In the hammock
      My hammock
    by MalenaN

Accommodation on Isla Gorgona is expensive. I paid 728 000 pesos for four nights, which is 182 000 pesos per night only for accommodation (July 2008). It feels overpriced for this accommodation, but I guess, even if you pay a special national park fee, you pay to be on the island, and if the money is helping to protect the flora and fauna on the island it is okay.

In my room there were two beds, a sofa, shelves and a bedside table with a lamp. There was also a big umbrella to use if the rain poured down when it was time to go to the restaurant. Besides the rubbish bin there was a plastic bag where you could put all rubbish you brought to the island, so you could take it with you back to the mainland. The bathroom was good with towels, lovely soap and a shower. I think the best thing with the room was that I had a hammock right outside on the porch. The only negative thing with the room was that it was not sound-proof by the thatched roof, so I could hear my neighbours talking in the middle of the night.

Make sure you know where you have your torch as there can be power cuts. When I visited only one power station worked so there was no electricity during the night.

I saw a bat in my room. It quickly disappeared under the roof over the bathroom and then I never saw it again.

Theme: Hotel

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Apr 25, 2009

Comments

Have you been to Isla Gorgona?