"Blue plaques guide through Marburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Favorite Tip by Trekki
Marburg an der Lahn Favorites: 22 reviews and 64 photos
Favorite thing: This reminds me a bit of London, although the plaques are not round. But they are at the walls of famous and important buildings and other sights to see. As they taken care of and mounted at the walls by Marburg’s officials, rule no 1 applies which is “no other language exists than German” (see my first general tip). Non-German speaking visitors might be able to identify famous names and read the year, but the rest is all good guess only. I seriously hope that Marburg’s officials change their attitude towards the existence of non-German speaking visitors.
More Favorites in Marburg an der Lahn (10)
More Reviews (79)
- Anyone for a relaxing boat tour on Lahn?
- Comfortable shoes are a life saver!
- See All More half-timbered houses in Steinweg
- No parking inside the old town!
- See All Beautiful home decoration
- See All Elevators facilitate the steep ascents
- See All A very special destination: Spiegelslust
- See All Enjoyable coffee stop at the market...
- See All Schweinsberg, castle on a hilltop :-)
- A dream came true - Hesse-Stübche :-)
Trekki's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Marburg an der Lahn?Share Your Travels
Latest Marburg an der Lahn hotel reviews
- Welcome Hotel Marburg
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013