"Member of Small Luxury Hotels (slh.com)" Top 5 Page for this destination I Portici Charming House B&B Tip by MM212

I Portici Hotel

I Portici Hotel
      Minimalist Room
      Painted Ceiling
    by MM212
      Closer look at the ceiling
      Hotel Terrace
    by MM212

Named after the porticoes of Bologna and housed in the Belle Époque Palazzo Maccaferri, I Portici is a unique hotel in Bologna. With a stamp of approval from the trustworthy www.slh.com (Small Luxury Hotels), there is nothing to fear when staying here, but beware though, the concept here is ultra minimalist. If you typically expect lavish extra luxuries from your hotel, then this place may not be for you. If you want rather stylish and super comfortable rooms, then consider I Portici. The furniture is minimal, but the focus is all on the painted ceilings! I stayed here for one night in April 2009 and was able to book my hotel via expedia.com at fairly short notice. The price I obtained was an extremely cheap <70 euros (for one person), and at this price, this hotel is a solid deal. The quoted price is typically much more than that and could make the hotel seem less appealing. I Portici is located on the busy thoroughfare, Via Indipendenza, about 7 minutes on foot from the railway station and 10 minutes from Piazza Maggiore, the heart of the old city.

Address: Via Indipendenza, 69
Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: +39 051 42185
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.iporticihotel.com

• Updated Jul 31, 2009

Comments

MM212

“One new place each year, at a minimum...”

Have you been to Bologna?