Patisserie Chocolaterie Vandale: "CHOCOLATE....." Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Shopping Tip by Greggor58

Ieper Shopping: 9 reviews and 14 photos

by Greggor58

This is a charming small store that is family run and has been in business for more than a hundred years...it was founded in 1891 and rebuilt on the "Grote Markt" in Ieper after the First World War.

Carl was running the store when I popped in...after I had SAMPLED some of the product, made some purchases, and asked if he minded if I take some photos...the conversation eventually got around to Virtual Tourist and he was more than enthusiastic about the idea of being able to find out so much information about travel destinations all in one Web site...Carl is a traveler also!!

Any of the dark chocolates are all good but there is more than a small choice with which you can indulge your sweet tooth!!! There are more than 70 different kinds of handmade Belgian chocolates as well as pastries available to snack on... : O ]

This was certainly a store that I would revisit if I was ever back in Ieper.....

What to pay: You could spend as much or as little as you like...given that I TRY to travel as light as I can...I couldn't buy as much as I would like to...but honestly I thought that what I had purchased was of good value...I didn't feel my purchases were over priced!!

Address: Grote Markt 9
Directions: On the opposite side of the street that the Lakenhalle is on....
Phone: 32-57-200387
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.vandaele-ieper.be/

• Updated Apr 23, 2009

Comments

Greggor58

“Every road goes SOMEWHERE...”

Have you been to Ieper?