VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Right Outside Our Hotel" Kapellbrücke - Chapel Bridge Tip by riorich55

Kapellbrücke - Chapel Bridge, Lucerne: 87 reviews and 167 photos

A Look From the Unphotographed Side
by riorich55

We arrived in Lucerne at about 11:30 a.m. for the last day of our almost 2 week holiday in Europe. After an easy walk from the train station to our hotel we started our venture through town. After a walk through parts of the old town we came back to our hotel, walked out the back door and lo and behold the famous bridge was literally just a hop, skip and jump away.

I won't go into the history of the bridge here, since it has been well covered by others here on VT. I will give you one impression though. As we were crossing the bridge from the entrance you see here to the other side an elderly gentlemen with a long white beard lay asleep on one of the long benches inside the bridge. As we passed I overhead a little girl in German say what I think I interpretted as that St. Nick (Santa Claus) was napping on the bridge. I looked at a video I took of the scene and indeed he could have been mistaken for a resting St. Nick.

Address: Kapellbrücke, 6002 Luzern,
Phone: 41412271717
Website: http://www.luzern.com

• Written Apr 22, 2009

Comments

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Lucerne?