"One of the main things we..." Flagstaff Things to Do Tip by brdwtchr

Flagstaff Things to Do: 126 reviews and 326 photos

One of the main things we wanted to see in the Flagstaff area was the Grand Canyon. It is just beautiful! If you are any where near this part of Arizona you have to pay a visit to the Grand Canyon. There are already some other travel pages that have lots of beautiful photos of the Grand Canyon. I won't add a lot of photos here of the Grand Canyon. I was not satisfied with the photos I took. No matter how good my pictures are they just don't convey the sheer awe inspiring majesty of this place. When you see it for the first time you will know what I mean.
Near Mather Point, if you can find a parking spot, there is a visitor center. The visitor center is pretty new. The visitor center has a book store, rest rooms, and a small museum. Park service employees at the museum were very helpful.
If you are on the North Rim and see a statue of a donkey named Bridey pet his nose for me.
If you have the time there are hikes, mule rides, Grand Canyon Village, camping, and air tours of the Grand Canyon. We were only there for half a day.

Address: We took 64 North from Williams to get there.
othercontact: Bird watchers should look for th

• Written Feb 25, 2003

Comments

brdwtchr

“Do I really have to have one?”

Have you been to Flagstaff?