Big Heng: "Simple, great, delicious Chinese" Peoria Restaurant Tip by razorbacker

Peoria Restaurants: 11 reviews and 39 photos

Big Heng: not much to look at, but home inside

Big Heng: not much to look at, but home inside
    by razorbacker
      This picture does NO justice to the wonderful food
    by razorbacker

I LOVE Big Heng! The food is always delicious and in humongous portions. I can call in an order, drive straight down there (a few blocks,) and it will invariably be ready by the time I arrive. They REALLY mean it when they say, "Your order will be ready in ten minutes!"
Whenever I tip a buck or two, they always tell me, "Hold on!" and run in the kitchen and come back out with some extra crab puffs or something.
And we LOVE dining in there. The people are so genuinely friendly and sweet and helpful. And I love the musical lilt in the voices as they speak with you as these are truly native Chinese people, who have mastered the difficulties of English but retain their native patterns and rhythms. It is a very fun, relaxed, and enjoyable atmosphere for our whole family.

Favorite Dish: I love the combination dish #4 that comes with egg roll, fried shrimp (though I usually substitute crab puffs,) sweet & sour chicken, fried rice, and chicken lo mein. A huge portion is $7.95. And of course there is the ubiquitous fortune cookie at the end.
I have never had a bad selection there though.

Address: 7530 W. Peoria Avenue, Suite A, Peoria
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Just west of the intersection of Peoria & 75th Avenue, north side of Peoria.
Phone: (623) 334-9888
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum

• Written Apr 21, 2009

Comments

razorbacker

“'The journey is the destination.' 'When you come to a fork in the road, take it.' - Yogi Berra”

Have you been to Peoria?