"Mystic Aquarium" Mystic Aquarium Tip by Gypsystravels

Leo and a new friend waiting for the whale
      Leo and a new friend waiting for the whale
      Beautiful Clown fish
    by Gypsystravels
      Leo's favorite, huge Sea Lion Bull!
    by Gypsystravels
      Stingrays at the indoor exhibit
    by Gypsystravels
      Leo all time favorite, seals!
    by Gypsystravels

I love aquariums and in my opinion, Mystic Aquarium is one of the better ones here in the Northeast.

I've been to this aquarium a few times and I knew I wanted to bring Leo here when he was old enough to appreciate it. He loves seals, sea lions and stingrays and is always asking if he can see the seals (from my picture gallery), so I knew he would have a great time here.

The Aquarium is quite large with some really large enclsores for the many different sea creatures you'll find here like the Beluga Whales, Sea Lions, Seals, Sharks, Stingrays, Penguins and colorful fish and an assortment of other animals.

We arrived a little later than I would have hoped, but nonetheless, we were able to see everything we wanted, including a Sea Lion show and all the other exhibits. Leo was so excited when we finally got to the Sea Lion exhibit that he didn't want to budge from this enclosure espcially when the huge bull (in a separate enclosure, decided to show off and get up on the rock and sun bathe), that it took me about 20 minutes of watching this huge bull frolick before I was able to get Leo away to see the other animals.

The enclosure for the Beluga Whale was nice, you can see the whales from either an above exhibit or from a lower level exhibit, Leo had a great time waiting for the whale to approach the tank before he dotted away from the tank area.

There is a great indoor exhibit with large tanks full of stingrays, eels, fish, shark which Leo enjoy himself in.

We were having such a great time that we were literally the last to leave the aquarium.

Prices are steep, $25 per adult, children under 3 are free.

Address: 55 Coogan Blvd.
Phone: 860.572.5955
Website: http://www.mysticaquarium.org/

• Updated Aug 5, 2015

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Have you been to Mystic?