"The Great Friends Meeting House" Top 5 Page for this destination The Great Friends Meeting House Tip by Gypsystravels
The Great Friends Meeting House, Newport: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Although this building may seem quite bland and unasumming, this happens to be the oldest surviving "house of worship" in Rhode Island. The building is considered an exceptional example of early architecture and during the 1700's it was the largest and most recognizable building in town. The Great Friends Meeting House was a symbol of political, cultural and economic dominance for the Quakers of Newport.
Address: Farewell & Marlborough Sts.
More Things to Do in Newport (47)
More Reviews (61)
- See All Yummy burrito and some tequila
- See All Bracelets - One of many birthday...
- See All Parking in Newport
- See All Nice Irish Pub with okay food and good...
- See All Adele Turner Inn
- We pack lite for a weekend getaway!
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Have you been to Newport?Share Your Travels