Leipziger Messe: "rock or classical music?" Top 5 Page for this destination Leipzig Nightlife Tip by mindcrime

Leipzig Nightlife: 27 reviews and 30 photos

Leipziger Messe
by mindcrime

I visited Leipzig because I wanted to see AC/DC live! They played at Leipziger Messe, a place north of the city center, easily accessible by tram. This hall has a capacity of 10.000 and makes it ideal for gigs during winter. The acoustics were average and the volume probably slightly louder than it had to. There were several kiosks with beers inside so we enjoyed the concert! :)

In summer period bands like AC/DC play at the Leipzig stadium.

If you don?t want to see a concert try to go to Barfussgaesschen, a street full of pubs and restaurants that will keep you busy till late. Street Barfussgaesschen is also a good alternative although I guess it will also be packed with people during summer period.

For classical music or ballet (don?t forget that Leipzig is connected with Back, Schumann etc) try the Opera House(a modern building from the 60s, the old one bombed at WWII) or Gewandhaus, both of them at Augustusplatz. I?ve been told they both have good acoustics but I didn?t have time for any of them. Another alternative is to see a concert at St.Thomas church.

Directions: We took tram N.16(towards Messegelande) from the center, in front of the train station and we got off at the last stop after 20?(13 stops)
Theme: Live Music

• Written Apr 16, 2009

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Have you been to Leipzig?