"Sydney Accomodation" Hyde Park Inn Tip by dskh

Hyde Park Inn, Sydney: 899 reviews and 1 photos

Was a little disapointed from the moment we booked i had to make two phone calls to receive booking confirmation and still did not then when we checked in i showed them my rsl membership to receive the discount they had quoted me on (after yet another phone call to check if it was valid) and with no explanation they told me my rsl membership did now not entitle me to discount that they not only advertise but also quoted me on so then was informed my room was going to be an extra $50 PER NIGHT i explained to them that i had rang and checked 1st and they had approved my membership to have the girl behind the desk (who mind you should most defaintely not be working on front service desk more likely packing shelfs or at a loading dock) shrug her shoulders at me and roll her eyes!!! I fit wasnt for all our luggage, easter weekend and our very tired and teething 1 year old i would have left without a doubt. Then there was only one lift working the whole 4 days we were there EXCEPT for Easter Saturday when none worked... that was pretty fun carrying a pram and toddler down 14 flights of stairs. Contstantly had to ask reception for our advertised included continental breakfast and even then with three of us paying to stay in a room was not really suffice. ver noisy which i know that they cant help but maybe shouldnt advertise as a family hotel OR let people know that this is the case so that if they do have a baby that is a light sleeper that there is a fire station directly behind the hotel and that they usually get a call out every half hour... oh and if have children and staying in room with balcony highly dangerous the screen door didnt lock and even then screen was all ripped and child could quiet easily fit through railings so whole time we were there we had glass door closed and locked.

Unique Qualities: View nice

Address: 271 Elizabeth Street, , Sydney, State of New South
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 61 2 9264 6001
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hydeparkinn.com.au/index.cfm

• Updated Apr 13, 2009

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.