"Dragons and ghosts (Wettergasse 11)" Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Local Custom Tip by Trekki
Marburg an der Lahn Local Customs: 28 reviews and 120 photos
The house in Wettergasse 11 of 1899 looks a bit out of place with the decoration at the first floor. With its bright red door (photo 5) and the dragon and mermaid it could well be from Hamburg or any other northern German city or town. So far I failed to find out why the architect had this fascinating carvings placed on the first floor. Maybe as eye catcher, maybe the owner was a spice trader and wanted to see this reflected in the decoration? But it certainly fits to the shop which is located here: a tea house. The shop owner sells many kinds and flavours of tea, mostly of Tea Gschwendner, but she told me that she is flexible and also allowed to sell from other sources. She certainly makes a nice special mixture of black tea with lemon and orange flavour.
This house is in Wettergasse, on the western side, with its façade to the east. So the best time to take photos is in the morning, when the sun has risen just above the eastern side of Wettergasse.
More Local Customs in Marburg an der Lahn (24)
More Reviews (71)
- See All Utmost culinary delights and lovely...
- See All Heavenly peace in the hills above...
- Anyone for a relaxing boat tour on Lahn?
- Comfortable shoes are a life saver!
- No parking inside the old town!
- See All Blue plaques guide through Marburg
- See All Beautiful home decoration
- See All Elevators facilitate the steep ascents
- See All A very special destination: Spiegelslust
- See All Schweinsberg, castle on a hilltop :-)
Trekki's Related Pages
Have you been to Marburg an der Lahn?Share Your Travels