"When visiting France what you..." France Favorite Tip by brdwtchr

France General: 757 reviews and 685 photos

Favorite thing: When visiting France what you absolutely must not do is to take an arranged bus tour!
I was in France in early April. It rained nearly every day I was there. Don't know if it is normally so cold and wet. Perhaps the tour company I was with arranged the weather. The tour company did not do a very good job. The bus driver went in to the airport to meet us. While he was there thieves broke in to his bus and stole all the music cassettes out of the bus. The driver went out and got one cassette of music. He played the same tape over, and over, and over for the next 8 days. The tape was 'Hotel California' by the Eagles. At end of the tour every one on the bus either LOVED or HATED the Eagles.

Fondest memory: In spite of bad tour I do have some fond memories. I felt I had stepped in to some sort of fairy tale place when I visited Mont. St. Michelle or the castles of the Loire valley. The villages I saw in Normandy looked like places I would have lived. Enjoyed seeing the dormant vineyards. Got a delicious crepe with ham in it on the street in Caen. There were so many things that piqued my interest. I am sad I never got to explore those places more thoroughly but I am glad I saw them.

Review Helpfulness: 1 out of 5 stars

• Written Aug 25, 2002

“Do I really have to have one?”

Have you been to France?