"Locutorio - Phoning home and Internet Access" Personal experiences & helpfull hints Tip by Gypsystravels
Personal experiences & helpfull hints, Buenos Aires: 85 reviews and 65 photos
Favorite thing: I always carry my cell phone with me in case someone back home has to contact me in an emergency (like the instance when mom passed away and I was in Budapest), but I will not use it to make any calls while I travel because of the high costs.
During my first visit to Buenos Aires I found that calling either someone back home or an individual in town was easy using the Locutorio.
The Locutorios are located all over Buenos Aires and are companies that provide calling booths where you make your call and pay per minute a set amount. They also sell lottery tickets and some even have internet service as well.
The fees are quite reasonble and well worth the little effort to find one if you need to contact those back home or if you are meeting any locals and don't have a phone.
I have to check my notes, but the call to Kristara which lasted at least 10 minutes was very, very cheap.
More General in Buenos Aires (8)
More Reviews (86)
- See All United Buddy Bears in Plaza San Martin
- See All Argentinians eat Late!
- See All A nice lunch, cheap and good!
- See All A great find for Ferni
- When traveling in the summer or warmer...
- See All Collectivos, efficient way to see B's...
- Broken, cracked, unleveled streets and...
- See All Executive Level - 1 Bedroom Junior Suite
- Watch a football game with the Boca Jrs.
Been to Buenos Aires?Share your travels with the world!
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels