"Carnival Cruise" Mexico Transportation Tip by Florida999

Mexico Transportation: 200 reviews and 131 photos

Carnival Cruise ship "Holiday"
by Florida999

Carnival Cruise ship "Holiday"
    by Florida999
      My son and the towel pig in the cabin
    by Florida999

We went to Mexico on a 5 day Carnival cruise that left from Mobile , Alabama. The "Holiday" is the oldest and smallest ship they have, and we found out soon. First the engine had problems and we left like 5 hours late, then the ship rocked so bad in the stormy first night that we thought we were going to fall out of our beds. I don't think I really like being on a ship. I don't get seasick, but I just don't sleep well with my bed moving the entire time.

But, the staff of the cruise line sort of made up for it! They were all extremely nice and helpfull. When I finally complained about the loud engine noise ( I guess the repairs where not perfect) on the last night, they gave me a new room and told me I should have asked for one earlier.....
The food was very good and entirely too much of it. The room stewards kept our room in perfect condition and put these cute little towel animals on the bed each night. The waiters in the dining room went out of their way to make my kids happy, including producing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my picky son one evening ( not on the menu or anywhere else on the ship, not sure where it came from ) . So overall, Carnival does a great job with their staff, but I think this particular boat needs to be retired before it falls apart completely.....( I think they said it will be at the end of the year).

Mode: TO
Type: Ship/Boat

• Written Apr 5, 2009

Comments

Florida999 Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Mexico?