"Bring your own smoke detectors!!" Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center Tip by wsnimmons123
Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center, Helen: 552 reviews and 4 photos
Me and my husband stayed at The Helendorf River Inn and was mad VERY sick! We stayed in one of the rooms (204) with a fireplace and after burning a fire for several hours my husband and I went to bed. I woke up at 2:30 A.M. ( to use the restroom) to a room FILLED with smoke! The smoke detectors NEVER WENT OFF!!!!! We had to open the front door and balcony door to get the smoke out. After that my husband checked the fireplace and the vent had closed somehow in the middle of the night!!! Me and my husband had breathing problems for several days afterwards. I did call the hotel to try to have them correct the problem in room 204. I hope they did, but after the rude way I was treated over the phone I do not know! I will also try to contact the fire department because I do not want anyone else to ever have to go though this!
Address: 33 Munichstrasse Helen, GA
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
More Hotels in Helen (1)
Have you been to Helen?Share Your Travels