Margaret Riveria: "ideal for the savory person" Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Shopping Tip by sirgaw

Margaret River Shopping: 21 reviews and 25 photos

It was a friend who strongly suggested that we stop in the little town of Cowaramup on our way to Margaret River and experience "Margaret Riviera" - glad we did and particularly me who really enjoys savoury treats.

The shop is full of great things to eat from local producers as well as tableware, cook books, gifts and others. They also have the largest selection of local and imported cheeses in the south west of WA and there was my mission - to try and then purchase genuine English Stilton Cheese as a gift for my English born father. I'm sad to report that the purchase did not make it back to Perth as, well, um, I confess I ate it and therefore had to return to the shop to buy more - this time safely under lock and key with Lady Gaw holding the key.

There are samples of local olives, pickles and other treats including bread to be dipped into olive oil, then balsamic vinegar and finally into an opened bowl of Dukkah - a great pre-dinner snack. The Dukkah was so good I just had to buy a jar of it to take home.

Although expensive, the shop is well-worth a visit while enjoying all that the Margaret River region has to offer.

Address: Bottrill Street, Cowaramup, Margaret River region
Phone: 08 9755 9333
Theme: Food and Drink

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“"How can I have a favourite place when I haven't seen them all?"”

Have you been to Margaret River?