Apartemento Margharita, Venezia (Veneto): "Dream stay in Venezia, why not an appartment" Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Hotel Tip by Trekki

Italy Hotels: 384 reviews and 444 photos

Morning caffè in Venezia :-)
by Trekki
      Morning caffè in Venezia :-)
  • - Italy
      Evening meal in Venezia :-)
    by Trekki

When I was in Venezia (May 2007), I had booked too late to stay in Ca?Riccio for the whole time. But Cristiano (of Ca?Riccio) had a fantastic suggestion: I could rent an appartment which belongs to a friend of the family. I was absolutely amazed when I entered it! It is incredible how much can fit on maybe 25 m2 and make it look homey (and no way overfull)! The owner, Margharita, also thinks about everything to make her guests feel at home. The bathroom (with shower, toilet, sink and bidet) has enough towels and toilet paper for weeks. The kitchen closets have dishes to serve a lot of people and some essentials like the typical Italian coffeemaker and coffee, oil, vinegar, peperoncino (perfect for cooking), pastries, milk etc. Plus, it is gas cooking, which makes any kind of food taste better (something I am not used to, as in my country some idiots have decided that we only use electric stove)

The four windows do have old fashioned wooden window blinds with the little ?woman? to snapp for keeping them open ? something I could not get enough of ? opening them in the morning and closing them in the evening. But again, I come from a country where some idiot has once decided that these window blinds will be mostly replaced by boring shutters.

Unique Qualities: I enjoyed my stay there, albeit it was a bit loud, but well, this is Italy. I don?t mean that the area was crammed with tourists; I hardly saw some there, but just below in the street is one of these newspaper stands, which open at 6 in the morning.
Bathroom is small but has everything you need, shower, toilet and bidet, which came in very much handy to cool my poor feet after the daily marathons.

I paid 110 Euro per night, cash (May 2007). That is the rate for the appartment and it sleeps two. It can be booked through Ca?Riccio.

Stupid me forgot to take more photos inside before I started to open my backpack and throw my things around. So I only include a photo of my most practised ritual ? coffee making and some photos of the little calle. It is the yellowish house on the right with green window blinds. The appartment is on the first floor.

Region: Veneto
Nearest airport: Venezia (Marco Polo, code VCE) or Treviso (code TSF).

© Ingrid D., March 2009 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.), update March 2011: region/airport added.

Address: Venezia, Castello, Calle Larga G. Gallina
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: From Campo SS Giovanni e Paolo, walk west over the bridge and then it is the house on the first right corner.
Coordinates on Google Earth: 45°,26?,31,87??N; 12°,19?,57,56??E

othercontact: eMail: info@cariccio.com
Phone: +39 041 5282334
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.cariccio.com/index.html

• Updated Aug 13, 2013

Trekki Visits Here Frequently!

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Have you been to Italy?