"Do Not Plan Your Wedding Here!!!" Mendon Country Inn Tip by proplanner

Mendon Country Inn, Mendon: 1 reviews and 0 photos

My fiance and I reserved this location in April 2008 for our wedding in June of 2009. We sent a $500 deposit to hold the date. Communication was great between us and the innkeepers until they received the deposit. After that it took weeks for them to respond to emails. I requested wedding menus and did not receive them until almost a month after. There was always some sort of excuse for the delay. I made reservations for my family to travel to the location and sample the menu. We live about two hours west of their location. When we arrived, there was no one to be found. After searching the property for about 20 minutes we finally found the innkeeper who stated that she left a message on my cell phone the day before to cancel. Well we all know how cell phones are and, needless to say, I did not receive the message. One would think that if you were attempting to cancel an appt with less than 24 hours notice you may try more than one avenue of contact. She could have emailed myself or my fiance or called his cell phone. When we contacted her regarding rooms for our guests we were informed that 5 of their rooms (the Creekside Lodge) were no longer available due to foreclosure on the building. As this was a destination wedding all of the guests needed lodging and now they had 5 less rooms than originally booked. This caused us to have to change the location for our wedding and when we sent a letter requesting our deposit back, they refused. We did not sign any contract nor were we told that it was non-refundable. I have emails and letters to back up every statement. The moral of the story: They are irresponsible and employ poor business practices. Beware!!!

Address: 440 W Main St, Mendon, MI 49072
Theme: Inn
Website: http://

• Written Mar 22, 2009

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.