VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Wampler House: "Indiana University Lodging" Bloomington Hotel Tip by InsideoutTraveler

Bloomington Hotels: 5 reviews and 8 photos

One of the rooms at the Wampler House

One of the rooms at the Wampler House
      One of the rooms at the Wampler
      One of the rooms at the Wampler
    by InsideoutTraveler

I came to Bloomington to attend a conference at the University. I was lucky to find this very convenient lodging while I was in town. The Wampler house is clean and very well attended - the hostess Diana was gracious and very warm. She was chatty and asked me what I would like to drink and showed me a basic beverage bar that was accessible all day & night by guests, which is pretty nice compared to the big hotels that will charge you $4 for a bottle of water in your room.
The room I had, the Dillman room, was very nice, if not a little on the frilly side for me. The bed had a large lace canopy, and a very clean, nice bathroom with a big tub! The room also connected to the library, which was a real bonus and made the stay feel very luxurious.
There was also a breakfast served every day. Diana was more than willing to buy soy milk for my breakfast, as I cannot drink milk. Everything else was delicious, and I felt like the breakfast we got was such a great bonus to a room that is $150/night. I think this is about how much it costs to stay at a well positioned hotel, and the fact they do not give you ANYTHING besides location (including parking! They will charge you every time!) I felt like I found a little gem in Bloomington with the Wampler House!

Unique Qualities: The Wampler House has a very nice and traditional library, and a delicious breakfast included in the price of the room. They will also provide in-room massage and spa therapy. I didn't have one, but it sounded nice!

Address: 4905 South Rogers Street, Bloomington IN
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: The Wampler House is right off of Walnt St., about 4 miles North of the campus.
Phone: 8128242446
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.wamplerhouse.com

• Written Mar 19, 2009

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Bloomington?