"Hops Grill and Brewery - Potomac Yard" Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Alexandria Restaurants: 133 reviews and 314 photos

I first went to Hops Brewery back around 1998 when I lived in Colorado Springs. They had great staff and awesome drink specials during happy hour.

When I saw Hops had a location in Alexandria, I decided it was worth a try. As always I enjoyed their famous honey butter bread, but the beer was not as spectacular as I remember, and the food was only average. Maybe I'll stop in again to try a few more of their beers, but skip the dinner.

The first Hops was established in 1998 in Clearwater, Florida, and by 1995 it has expanded to 13 locations in Florida. The next year it was purchased from the original owners by a large Applebees franchisee, and it began it expansion across the country. Today it is considered the country's largest brewery restaurant chain with about 70 restaurants in 13 states.

Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3

• Written Mar 18, 2009

Comments

Ewingjr98

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Alexandria?