M&M Market or Potraviny: "Slovak beer at its best" Jurgow Shopping Tip by evaanna

Jurgow Shopping: 1 reviews and 3 photos

The shop
    by evaanna

We found this shop by pure chance and, as it was on our way to Slovakia, we dropped by a few times for Chris, who loves Slovak beer. In his words, Polish beer is far too strong and can make you addicted while the Slovak varieties are a pleasure for your palate. I take his word for this as I only had a sip of each kind of beer he tried but I do agree it was not so bitter as Polish beers. More Polish people must share his opinion as there were always a few cars from Poland in front of the shop. He recommends the beers in the picture: Kamzik, Smadny Mnich, Kozel, Kelt, Corgon. I think he regretted not being able to try more as we only stayed there for a week and he was driving.
Before leaving for Warsaw we also bought two or three bottles of our favourite liqueur to give to our friends.
Slovak beer and alcohol were very cheap for us when we stayed in Jurgow last year (2008) but this may have changed since the EURO was introduced in Slovakia and the zloty dropped.

What to pay: Alcohol is much less expensive there than it is in Poland.

Address: Podspady
Directions: Along the road from Jurgow to Podspady, on your left.
Theme: Food and Drink

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Mar 18, 2009

Comments

evaanna

“The sky is blue everywhere.”

Have you been to Jurgow?