"Scarry staff- would not recommend" Roosevelt Hotel New York Tip by bobye50

Roosevelt Hotel New York, New York City: 7,568 reviews and 29 photos

Problems with Roosevelt Hotel in New York City: At 2:20 am the front desk calls & says they had a complaint that our TV was too loud. I told the woman that they were mistaken because our TV was not on and we had been asleep for hours. as my sis and I are 62 & 64 yrs. old.She then said I am warning you that if this happens again security will be called to knock on your door. I explained again that she was mistaken but she was very rude and continued to threaten me. I went down to the lobby and she was the only one there and I asked for the manager and a man came to me with a phone in his hand.I made a complaint with the night manager and then again with the day manager the next day.I was told that they would get back to me but no one ever did. We were not able to go back to sleep that night and because we were so tired we missed the Broadway Show that we had paid for.We were there for several more days and no one ever contacted us. When we left on 3/01 we both filled out a comment card and explained the incident. We have not heard anything from them at all-from the Hotel. They woke us us in the middle of the night for something we did not do, then threatened us.We were awake the rest of the night.It was a terrible and costly experience. The room was fine but the "view" they said we had the the inside lower roof of the hotel with the air conditioners and the others wall of the hotel. The TV was good..

Unique Qualities: nice pool.
Our window viewed the air conditioner units and the other wall of the hotel

Address: 45 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 212 661 9600
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.theroosevelthotel.com/

• Written Mar 15, 2009

Ranked Member

Have you been to New York City?