Jamie's Italian: "Well done Jamie!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bath Restaurant Tip by toonsarah

Bath Restaurants: 120 reviews and 143 photos

Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
      Old Circulating Library, Milsom Street
    by toonsarah

I came here for dinner with a friend and we were both impressed with Jamie Oliver’s latest venture. The restaurant is tucked away in a small shopping mall off Milsom Street and is surprisingly large. We were shown to a table at the farthest end, where the initial modern décor gives way to something far more traditional and in keeping with the general atmosphere of Bath. In fact I realised later that we were in the old Circulating Library which on its exterior still bears the old sign (see photo 2).

Favorite Dish: To start with I chose squid which was served with a delicious red pepper mayonnaise dip, while my friend had a dish of baked mushrooms. We both chose pasta for our mains – he enjoyed a traditional lasagne and I had an excellent ravioli filled with ricotta cheese and served in a rosemary and pumpkin sauce. Despite being full we decided that we owed it to Jamie to check out the desserts, so he had lemon sorbet and I selected three flavours from the tempting ice cream menu – vanilla, hazelnut and dark chocolate, of which the last was definitely the star! With a bottle of merlot, the bill was a very reasonable £51 (without service), which we thought very good value for the quality of the food.

Service was brisk but friendly, and the place was buzzing even quite early on a Tuesday evening. You can’t reserve a table here, so I would say come early, as we did, or be prepared to wait in the bar area.

Address: 10 Milsom Place, Bath, BA1 1BZ
Comparison: about average
Directions: Milsom Place is a small shopping mall on the east side of Milsom Street, just a few minutes’ walk north of the Abbey
Phone: %s3 %cb 01225 510051
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/bath

• Written Mar 15, 2009

More Restaurants in Bath (1)

Comments

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Have you been to Bath?