"Byodo Temple" Top 5 Page for this destination Palaces / Temples Tip by cjg1
Palaces / Temples, Oahu: 34 reviews and 69 photos
The Byodo Temple is located in the Valley of the Temples. The Byodo Temple is a Japanese temple whose names translates as ?Temple of Equality.? The temple was dedicated in 1968 as a centennial commemoration of the first Japanese immigrants in Hawaii. The sacred bell; bon-sho is heard ringing as visitors ring the bell for happiness and longevity. Inside the temple is an 18 foot tall golden Buddha for guests to pray and light incense.
There are gardens surrounding the temple as well as fishponds full of koi and gravesites of the departed.
More Things to Do in Oahu (58)
More Reviews (136)
- See All Aloha Hour
- See All Territorial Surfers
- See All Great Hotel with a Terrific Location
- See All Early Morning Walks
- See All Water Camera
- See All Snacks
- See All Admirals Club Honolulu International...
- See All A Nice Hyatt Diamond Perk
- See All Good Drinks, Food and Views
- Hawaiian Phrases Along Kalakaua Avenue
- See All Paddleboarding
- Obama Mania
cjg1's Related Pages
Have you been to Oahu?Share Your Travels