OAKVILLE GROCERY: "EVERYTHING FOR A PICNIC AT THE WINERY" Top 5 Page for this destination Sonoma Shopping Tip by travelgourmet

Sonoma Shopping: 20 reviews and 34 photos

OAKVILLE GROCERY HEALDSBURG, CALIFORNIA

OAKVILLE GROCERY HEALDSBURG, CALIFORNIA
      OLIVES AND CHEESE FOR THE PICNIC
      I KNOW, I KNOW, FILLED WITH NITRATES, BUT SO TASTY
      A LITTLE OLIVE ARTICHOKE TAPENADE TO GO
      HOT PIZZA RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN
    by travelgourmet

Oakville Grocery is not in Sonoma but they do have two locations. One is near Napa in Oakville and the other is in the northern area of Sonoma County in Healdsburg. So, if you are in these areas and are looking for picnic food then look for the Oakville Grocery.

We went to the Healdsburg store in the historic Town Square. The store will amaze you with the varieties of products. Just the meat section, alone, had my mouth watering. It can get crowded, as they have a restaurant of sorts with many items on the menu. There is a dining patio outside if you aren't going to a winery to have a picnic. The view from the patio is of the streets around the town square, which has a lot of greenery.

What to buy: Okay, head for the northern end of Sonoma County about 44 miles away on Hwy 101 and go to Healdsburg Square. Find the Oakville Grocery and go crazy. I did. Oh my, I may have over done the purchasing of salamis and cold cuts with tons of olives and cheeses. Even the bread looked so good I purchased 2 loaves. Store hours are 8am-6pm daily. The 10 minute drive to Lambert Bridge Winery to have our picnic seemed like an eternity with all that food sitting on the car seat filling the air with mouth watering aromas.

What to pay: Way to much, but worth it.

Address: 124 Matheson Street, Healdsburg, CA 95448
Directions: Located in Healdsburg off Hwy 101, at the town square corner of Center and Matheson Sts.
Phone: 707 433-3200
Theme: Food and Drink
Website: http://www.oakvillegrocery.com/stores/healdsburg.php

• Updated Jan 1, 2011

More Shopping in Sonoma (1)

Comments

travelgourmet

“"It isn't where you've traveled; it's how you arrived."”

Have you been to Sonoma?