"Statue of Sienese she-wolf, Siena" Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Things to Do Tip by hopang
Italy Things to Do: 1,470 reviews and 2,257 photos
The statue of Sienese she-wolf can be seen all over the city of Siena. It is the emblem of the city of Siena. The statue as seen in our photos were taken at Piazza Tolomei and at Piazza del Duomo. You will notice at least one of them when you visit the historic city of Siena. The statue depicts a she-wolf suckling the infants Romulus and Remus.
According to the legend, Senus, the son of Remus founded the city of Siena at the beginning of Roman era. Remus was the brother of Romulus after whom Rome was named. The statue of Sienese she-wolf at Piazza Tolomei dates back to the 17th century.
Address: Piazza Tolomei, Siena
Directions: The statue of Sienese she-wolf can be seen all over the historic city of Siena. Pay attention to one of tehse statues when you are in Siena for your vacation.
More Things to Do in Italy (91)
More Reviews (61)
- See All An upmarket shopper's paradise
- See All Bus from Milan to Serravalle Designer...
- See All Milan Tourism Point in Milan
- See All Souvenir book - Art and History Milan
- See All Excellent Neopolitan pizzas and Italian...
- See All An excellent 4 star hotel
- Jewish Community of Venice
- Passion for gambling
- See All Free guided walking tour in Vatican City
- Main Stadium, Chianciano Terme
- Praying at the chapel, Vatican City
- Beware of pickpockets!
hopang's Related Pages
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels