"A room with a view" Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Tip by clueless83

The view from our window
      Our room
      In the rooftop jacuzzi
    by clueless83

I was very pleased with my stay at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens. Because we went during offpeak season we were given a free upgrade by our travel agent to a business room with a view of the gardens. We stayed in 5 hotels on our 3 week trip to Australasia and this hotel definitely had the best view.

The room was clean and comfy with the usual sort of stuff such as tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary toiletries. It also had a playstation but you had to pay to use that so we didn't bother. I did use the telephone to make two local phone calls, I don't make a habit of using hotel phones as I always assume the bills will be high but my calls didn't cost much at all.

The staff were very friendly and helpful too.

Unique Qualities: Business Centre:
The hotel has a small business centre in the lounge. We used this for internet access. I expect you were meant to pay but we were able to go online without the need for any passwords or coin operated boxes and no one came along to ask us for money, so that was a result!

Spa:
This hotel has a roof top spa which includes a gym, sauna and jacuzzi. We didn't use the gym. We tried the sauna out but didn't last very long in there (too suffocating!) The best bit though was the jacuzzi. We went up there late afternoon and watched the sun set over the city. It felt really special. It was quite peaceful too as we had it to ourselves for a little while but we were joined by another couple at one point. The lady of the couple accidentally shattered our peace by pressing the emergency alarm button instead of the button to turn the jacuzzi bubbles back on and security came rushing up to turn the alarm off! haha! Although I bet she isn't the first person to have done that! :-)

Address: 380 Williams Street, , Melbourne, VIC 3000
Directions: Near Flagstaff Gardens
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.radisson.com/hotels/ausmelb

• Updated Mar 7, 2009

Comments

clueless83

“Fairy Dust and Wander Lust”

Have you been to Melbourne?