Gringos Locos: "Much better tex mex than Pancho villa" Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere Restaurant Tip by Turska

Tampere Restaurants: 97 reviews and 103 photos

maincourse,the steak(cheezy)

maincourse,the steak(cheezy)
    by Turska

This is texmex,not Mexican,but there was not that to choose.We were first afraid of going here,because the restaurant is at same chain as Coyote,witch we have nothing good to say about.But when we finally went her,it was a pleasent surprice.We ate everything from starters to desserd,because it was my husbands birthday,There was so many good sounding portions,that it was actually quite hard to choose!
My friend had been here two years ago,and said that food wasn´t warm enough and staff not friendly.Now it was just the opposite(I´ve heard they have new staff)-waither was VERY friendly,allmost odd for calm Finnish people,and food was hot-I burned my tongue.We will certainly go here again.But it´s not a diet-place!We didn´t eat anything that day,and it was good-even so,we were so full when we left!Even when mud-cake looked quite small,it was so sweet,that it was enough-I gave my ice-cream(came with the cake) to my husband.

Favorite Dish: I have only eaten here once,but that steak with jalopenos and cheddar-cheese and cheese-potatos was yammy,and so was my husbands chicken with chili and paremesan.We also took cros-cut potatos(we love the-even if they are quite simple) and mozzrella-sticks.Both had salad with them.And we both had mud-cake as a dessert.Everything was really good!

Address: Kehräsaari
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: If you go to Kehräsaari-area,and see shop called"Joulupuu"(christmas-three),go from it´s left side to yard where is some other restaurants also.This one is at your left,after the Hook,just look the signs-it´s upstairs.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Mexican
Website: http://www.gringoslocos.fi/

• Written Mar 2, 2009

Comments

Turska Used To Live Here!

Turska

“Wrap your troubles in dreams!”

Have you been to Tampere?