"Column of Lion of St. Mark, Verona" Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Things to Do Tip by hopang
Italy Things to Do: 1,470 reviews and 2,257 photos
Column of Lion of St. Mark is also known as San Marco Column (Colonna di San Marco). It was designed by Michele Leoni and was erected in 1523. It is located at the northern end of Piazza delle Erbe just opposite Palazzo Maffei. The column was scupltured in Veronese white marble and is quite impressive when viewed from the opposite end of Piazza delle Erbe.
The lion on top of the column is not an original one which was brought down in the late 18th century. The current lion was replaced on the top of the column in the mid 19th century.
Address: Piazza delle Erbe, Verona
Directions: Located just in front of Palazzo Maffei at Piazza delle Erbe in Verona.
More Things to Do in Italy (91)
More Reviews (61)
- See All An upmarket shopper's paradise
- See All Bus from Milan to Serravalle Designer...
- See All Milan Tourism Point in Milan
- See All Souvenir book - Art and History Milan
- See All Excellent Neopolitan pizzas and Italian...
- See All An excellent 4 star hotel
- Jewish Community of Venice
- Passion for gambling
- See All Free guided walking tour in Vatican City
- Main Stadium, Chianciano Terme
- Praying at the chapel, Vatican City
- Beware of pickpockets!
hopang's Related Pages
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels