"Palazzo Maffei, Verona" Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Things to Do Tip by hopang
Italy Things to Do: 1,470 reviews and 2,257 photos
Piazza Maffei is located at the northern end of Piazza delle Erbe in the heart of the city of Verona. The facade of the palace has Baroque style of architecture. It was constructed for Marcantonio Maffei (1626 - 1630) and was completed in 1668. It is one of the most beautiful buildings in Verona and a popular tourist attraction.
The roof of Palazzo Maffei stands six magnificent statues The statues are those of Hercules, Jupiter, Venus, Mercury, Apollo and Minerva. We were told that this building together with the surrounding buildings are among the most expensive properties in the city of Verona. Several shops are located at the ground floor of the palace.
Address: Piazza delle Erbe, Verona
Directions: Palazzo Maffei is located on the northern end of Piazza delle Erbe in the heart of Verona.
More Things to Do in Italy (91)
More Reviews (61)
- See All An upmarket shopper's paradise
- See All Bus from Milan to Serravalle Designer...
- See All Milan Tourism Point in Milan
- See All Souvenir book - Art and History Milan
- See All Excellent Neopolitan pizzas and Italian...
- See All An excellent 4 star hotel
- Jewish Community of Venice
- Passion for gambling
- See All Free guided walking tour in Vatican City
- Main Stadium, Chianciano Terme
- Praying at the chapel, Vatican City
- Beware of pickpockets!
hopang's Related Pages
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels