"Take the "L" train to Wrigley Field" CTA (city trains & buses, the EL) Tip by riorich55

CTA (city trains & buses, the EL), Chicago: 104 reviews and 126 photos

The Train Stop by Wrigley Field

The Train Stop by Wrigley Field
      A Refurbished "L" Stop on Armitage Avenue
      Clinton Street Stop in Downtown Chicago
      Clinton Street Stop Looking West
    by riorich55

Like most major cities the best ways to get around are with public transportation. Chicago's "L" trains do a Loop around the downtown section of the city, but also connect both airports (O'Hare and Midway) to downtown and you can actually get between both airports this way also. Most of the time when we go downtown we will park our car at one of the stations in the suburbs (usually Forest Park) and then take the 20 minute ride from there into downtown.

You can also take the train the Wrigley Field (really the best way because parking is difficult in this neighborhood) or to US Cellular (only for Sox fans). The trains also are about a 2 block walk to the United Center which is the home of the Chicago Bulls (Basketball) the and Chicago Blackhawks (Hockey).

Mode: AROUND
Phone: 1-888-YOUR-CTA
Type: Train
Website: http://www.transitchicago.com/

• Written Mar 1, 2009

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

When I was nine years old the Cubs had a 36-game losing streak. I was so heartbroken I vowed never to set foot in Wrigley Field again, which in fact I haven't (so far).

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
      Nov 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM

That was the year I changed my career plans and decided not to be a sports announcer after all.

• riorich55's Profile Photo
      Nov 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM

As a child I wanted to grow up and be the Chicago Cubs team statistician. Good thing I didn't go down that path. The guy who did the stats when I was a kid just died a few years ago. And he did the stats up until the time he died.

riorich55 Visits Here Frequently!

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Chicago?