"Get a map at the hotel" Walking Tip by joiwatani

Walking, Paris: 166 reviews and 208 photos

Favorite thing: If you are a jetsetter, you already know that having a map is crucial to all your travels.

Request a Paris map at your hotel. They don't usually offer you but go ahead and ask from the reception counter. Although most receptionists are not fluent in English, some are good in conversing in English.

The map of Paris has both train map and the metro map. When I travel, I rely mostly on maps especially when the buildings are on the same heights. Updated maps are my best friends when travelling.

Fondest memory: Besides all the things that I have already said on my previous general tips, I also had a big blast watching a Parisian police officer chase the illegal sellers of souvenirs at the base of the Eiffel Tower. The police officer on a bike chased five illegal sellers until he almost grab one. But, the seller was lucky to get out of the street onto the pavement. Because of the height of the pavement, the police officer cannot maneuver his bike fast enough to catch the seller!

• Written Feb 28, 2009

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Have you been to Paris?