"charming well-located hotel in heart of Lucca" Piccolo Hotel Puccini Tip by dellapace

Piccolo Hotel Puccini, Lucca: 239 reviews and 3 photos

I have been just checking out places in Lucca, not for travel but for sentiment.
I stayed at the Piccolo Hotel Puccini in April of 1999, so it is hard for me to be positive the photo added is the same pleasant fellow at the desk when I was there.
I was travelling alone to photograph some of my old favorite piazzas and see new ones. I was in Lucca something like 3.5 days, walking my feet off.
I remember coming back to the Piccolo Puccini in late afternoon, with the fellow at the desk watching tennis, Kuerten and (whom? I almost remember). I watched too, and we chatted in a mix of my bad italian and his better english. He had to answer the phone a lot, and helped people by telling them there were no hotel rooms left in town, but where else to check. So I felt lucky to have nabbed a spot - which I did back then by telephone and fax from California, probably weeks ahead. Such a good thing we have now with the net.
Anyway, he fixed me a Campari with an ice cube, and I nattered at him for another ice cube, typical for an american.

So, a convivial place, without being in any way obnoxious. I'd stay there again in a second.

Unique Qualities: It was a stone's throw from San Michele, and the Puccini square.

My price below would be out of date, but it was perfect for back then.

Address: Via di Poggio, , Lucca, Tuscany 55100
Directions: I don't remember. I just walked from the bus station.
Phone: +39 0583 55421
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written Feb 27, 2009

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.