Hotel La Rosa de America: "Great find in Alajuela!" Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Hotel Tip by monica71

Costa Rica Hotels: 495 reviews and 694 photos

Hotel Gate and Entrance
      Hotel Gate and Entrance
    by monica71
      Having breakfast in the morning at the hotel
    by monica71
      Hotel pool - very clean and well maintained
      our room (room number 6)
    by monica71
      Nick on the hotel grounds
    by monica71

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights when we returned to CR in 2009: the first night we arrived in Costa Rica and the night before coming home. I really do not have enough words to say what a wonderful and relaxing place this hotel is. We noticed the hotel last year, when we visited Costa Rica for the first time and we drove by it. I told my husband we had to stay here on our next trip. And we did! It turned out to be such a good decision!

The hotel is just a 10-15min cab ride from the airport. It is very well run, very clean and quiet. And there are lots of good restaurants in the area, too. There is also private parking on premises. The gardens are very well maintained, the hotel personnel is very friendly and the Canadian owners are doing all they can to make your stay enjoyable and relaxing. Robert has such a great personality and he was so helpful in providing information on tours, things to do and see, places to shop for souvenirs, restaurants, etc. He even took care of the car rental for us, so we did not have to do this on our own! We just had the car delivered at the hotel in the morning and few days later, when we were ready to return the car, Robert called the rental company and they came and picked it up. Since we had an early flight and we had to be at the airport at 5:30am, he ordered a cab for us the night before, so we would not have to deal with this in the morning. When we woke up in the morning, the cab was there, waiting for us (he even came earlier than we expected him to show up).

The rooms are good size, the beds are very comfortable and there is hot water in the bathroom, so you can take showers without freezing. Breakfast is included in the price of the room and it is good. You have few options to choose from and it is enough to keep you running until noon. A nice touch is that if you have an early flight in the morning (like we did), Robert will give you a bag with your breakfast the night before, so you have something to eat in the morning when you wake up.

The hotel is located in a safe area and I liked the fact that it was quiet during the day and during the night. We did not get disturbed by traffic noises or any other kind of noises. You can definitely relax here if you decide to spend few hours on the porch of your room or by the pool.

The pool is very clean and well maintained. You get separate towels for the pool, so you do not have to use the towels that you will find in your room.

In the reception area you will find a computer with Internet access. It is free to use if you are a hotel guest. In case you brought your own laptop, you can use it with no problem from your room or from any place of the hotel perimeter. Again, another nice touch that counts!

My only regret is that I did not have the chance (due to time constraints) to make an appointment and get a massage at the hotel. Oh, yeah, they offer this service too. And the prices are very decent!

In a nutshell, I would really recommend this hotel for any length of stay: short or long. You will not be disappointed if you decide to stay here. We will definitely be back here on our next trip to Costa Rica.

Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

monica71 Visits Here Frequently!

“"I still find each day too short for all the things I want to do"”

Have you been to Costa Rica?