"Old measuring sign at Palazzo dei Consoli" Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Local Custom Tip by Trekki
Gubbio Local Customs: 26 reviews and 99 photos
Old measuring systems have a certain fascination for me. So I was delighted to see the one at Palazzo dei Consoli. It is similar to the one in Speyer and should most probably means 12 inches in length. Obviously there was another longer one next to it, but the iron bar is no longer there.
Other old measurement standards are in Dornoch (Scotland), cloth size (by Joan, @scotishvisitor), Heidelberg, pretzel size (by Christine), Venezia, fish scale and Norcia, measuring grain.
© Ingrid D., November 2009 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.)
More Local Customs in Gubbio (12)
More Reviews (67)
- See All Festa dei Ceri: highlight of Gubbio's...
- See All Passion, very much characterises i...
- See All Fresh pasta – to die for
- See All Authentic Eugubini dishes, no tourists
- See All Festa di Ceri - GET OUT OF THE WAY!
- Endless hiking, hang-gliding and caves
- See All Abbazia San Verecondo and SanFrancesco
- See All Home away from home: Residenza Via...
- Good and comfortable shoeas are a MUST!
- See All How to reach Gubbio
- See All Don’t get trapped in the narrow streets!
Been to Gubbio?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Have you been to Gubbio?Share Your Travels