"Isn't This A Beautiful Spot?" West Virginia Off The Beaten Path Tip by lmkluque

West Virginia Off The Beaten Path: 31 reviews and 42 photos

The Potomac at Harpers Ferry
by lmkluque

Those of us who know something of the history of this country will recognize that The Potomac River, The Shenandoah River and The Blue Ridge Mountains have historical connections to our development. We may have a vague sense of their importance, but until they are seen, the majesty is not known.

Just outside of the town area at Harpers Ferry all three of these come together and the result is nothing short of awesome. The photois of The Potomac River at Harper's Ferry. Added to the natrual charm of this area are the beautiful rivers flowing through it.

Fishing and canoeing come to mind here. These rivers are within walking distance of the the town. Even if hiking or other sports are not your thing, a walk though this place will be wonderful for the senses.

• Updated Oct 29, 2011

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2014 at 4:55 AM

I would love to visit these so very famous locations sometime

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
      Feb 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I can tell you that it is a great day trip from Washington D.C. but if I could have, I would have made it a side trip and stayed a couple of days. So keep that in mind when you make your plans.

“Assume Good Intent”

Have you been to West Virginia?